Getting older brings specific challenges, whether physical exhaustion, health, or just not being as active, enthusiastic, or enthusiastic as when we were younger. To combat this and help people stay current, the Department of Social Welfare has certain programs that people can use. However, to make it easier for people to take advantage of these benefits, they have created a senior citizen card that greatly simplifies the whole process.
What is Senior Citizen Card
A senior card is a government-issued document that benefits the oldest part of our country with various additional benefits. Seniors in India sometimes do not have a solid source of income; this card presents a constraint in such situations that provides financial assistance to seniors. Older people have a certain limit of 60 years or more to enjoy the benefits of the card. Proof of age is a mandatory document that must be present to verify an individual application's eligibility. To get senior citizen card apply online with Sarkari suvidha.
To avail of the senior citizen id card, some points need to be considered as eligibility.
- People 60 years and above and residing alone with a spouse are eligible.
- The person must be a citizen of India or a Permanent Resident of India and for a particular state from which they apply.
What is the process to apply for a Senior Citizen Card?
It should note that the senior citizen card is the responsibility of the state government. Most states in India offer the Senior Citizen Card. The application process is based on the criteria set by the state government, and the rules also vary from state to state.
The senior citizen card application process has been moved online to make it easy and hassle-free. Older people often have difficulty undergoing lengthy procedures, and you tire easily, and standing in long lines seems inconsiderate for their age. All these difficulties have been eliminated by taking the entire senior citizen card online process. Now with a few clicks, it is possible to get senior citizen card online application with Sarkari suvidha from home.
Benefits of Senior Citizen Card
The government has granted elderly people exemptions from travel to health services and income tax in the country. Most people don't have the correct and complete information about it. If older people also live in your house, you can use these offers and facilities for them.
The Department of Income Tax grants special exemptions to people aged 60 and over. If the income of such seniors is up to Rs 3 lakh, they will not have to pay income tax up to Rs 3 lakh. Seniors over 80 are exempt from income tax up to Rs 5 lakh. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, seniors are entitled to a refund of up to Rs 30,000 in health insurance premiums. If a senior suffers from a serious illness, he or she can deduct up to Rs 60,000 under Section 80DDB. Apart from that, this limit has increased to Rs 80,000 for senior citizens. The Income tax department offers these facilities who have senior citizen card online.
Telephone Bill Discount
Seniors over 65 in BSNL are entitled to priority registration over the phone. If seniors register the phone in their name, they will not be charged a registration fee. There is a 25% discount on installation fees. And monthly service fees for seniors 65 and older to set up the MTNL landline.
Court Hearing Benefits
The court ensures that people over 60 are given preferential treatment at their appointments to make this the most pleasant process possible and get quicker answers in their hearing.
- State hospitals treat the elderly free of charge, and private hospital treatments offer discounts to citizens over 60. If they have a senior citizen card, they get a separate lane and toggle for their support.
- Seniors over 60 receive a National Insurance Varistha Mediclaim policy to cover their hospitalization. And home hospitalization costs up to INR 2 lakh depending on the severity of your condition.
- In 2017, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) launched a Varishta Bima annuity offering a guaranteed annuity to seniors with an 8% ROI for a decade. You can invest up to INR 7,50,000 and receive this pension monthly, semi-annually, or annually.
- Residence Proof is an issue from the corresponding state officials, such as ration cards, PAN card, valid passports, voter ID cards, electricity, or telephone bills.
- Date of birth or relevant documents like pan card, school leaving certificate, election card, if women need to submit a marriage certificate, serve as proof of age.
- The application form is filled out, attaching the documents needed before submitting the form are attached.
How to get a Senior Citizen Card Online?
Although the offline process varies from state to state, there is an online method that you can easily apply. All you have to do is go to the website of the Sarkari suvidha. You must submit your online application along with two passport photos, a copy of your proof of address, and an ID card showing your date of birth. You get to the registration process. After the process, all you have to do is wait for approval of your application, verify the proper documents, and receive the card in the mail at your address.