As per the income tax Act, 1961, under section 139A, PAN or Permanent Account Number was necessary for the country's citizens. The PAN could be a fifteen-digit account number needed to pay taxes and file IT-R (Income Tax Returns). The concept of PAN Card form was initially introduced in 1972 by the Government of India, and previously it was not mandatory for everyone. Now that the PAN card is a mandatory document, the account's method of allotment has also been simplified. Individuals will either use the offline or online channel to induce one for themselves.
So, just in case anyone wants to apply for a new PAN Card or a replacement PAN card, Visit Sarkari Suvidha's website, which gives a problem-free problem-free experience of obtaining government-approved services PAN Card.
The method is simple; individuals simply ought to visit the various online portals and refill the online PAN application form. Also, note that there's a penalty of Rs 10,000 for having over one PAN card.
Why Is PAN Important? – Uses and Benefits of Having a PAN Card
PAN Card is vital for taxpayers because it is important for all monetary transactions and is employed to trace the flow and outflow of your money. It's important to pay income tax, receive tax refunds, and receive communication from the tax Department.
The Indian Budget 2019 planned that people who don't have a PAN would use their Aadhaar number to file returns and for the other purpose wherever PAN was earlier mandatory. This suggests that if you have not linked pan with radar yet, or do not have a PAN but have an Aadhaar, you don't ought to link PAN and Aadhaar or Apply for PAN Card. However, the principles regarding this are still within the creation/update/approval process.
That said, PAN continues to be necessary for an outsized range of monetary transactions, and PAN Card additionally is a proof of identity.
Eligibility For PAN Card
The PAN Card is issued to individuals, corporation, non-resident Indian, or anyone paying taxes in India.
Types of PAN Card
- HUF-Hindu undivided family
Documents for PAN
A Online Pan Card Application needs two kinds of documents. Proof of address (POA) and Proof of Identity (POI). Any two of the following documents ought to meet the factors.
- Individual Applicant:- POI/ POA- Aadhaar, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License
- Hindu Undivided Family:- An affidavit of the HUF issued by the head of HUF along with POI/POA details
- Company registered in India:- Certificate of Registration issued by Registrar of Companies.
- Firms/ Partnership (LLP):- Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Firms/ Limited Liability Partnerships and Partnership Deed.
- Trust:- Copy of Trust Deed or a copy of the Certificate of Registration Number issued by a Charity Commissioner.
- Society:- Certificate of Registration Number from Registrar of Co-operative Society or Charity Commissioner
- Foreigners: - Passport PIO/ OCI card issued by the Indian Government Bank statement of the residential country Copy of NRE bank statement in India
How to Enroll for PAN Card
Steps to Apply For PAN Card Online
- Visiting the official Sarkari Suvidha website
- Fill out the form with your details.
- Submit the required documents.
- After some time, you will receive your confirmation email.
Steps to Apply For PAN Card Offline
- Get Pan Card Application Form from Authorize PAN Centers
- Fill out the form; attached all the Documents
- Submit the form along with the Processing Fees
Why do you need PAN?
PAN could be a distinctive identification that allows every tax-paying entity of India with the following:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Mandatory for Filing Taxes
- Registration of Business
- Financial transactions
- Eligibility to open and operate Bank Accounts
- Phone Connection
- Gas Connection
- Income Certificate
- Mutual Fund – PAN is beneficial to complete e-KYC for mutual fund investments.
The union budget 2019 has planned for taxpayers to use Aadhaar rather than PAN for filing income tax returns on or after one Sep 2019. It's been proposed within the union budget 2019 that the Income-tax officer will allot PAN to taxpayers filing returns with Aadhaar.
Don't apply for a spanking new PAN card form if your recent PAN card is lost/stolen/defaced. Request for a PAN Card Reprint.
Tracking PAN Applications and Transactions
The Income Tax Business Application (ITBA) has now enabled a tracking facility for transactions made with PAN to calculate tax purposes.